B’ham Hop is committed to providing a safe and welcoming place for everyone to dance, regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religion, ability, physical limitations, body size or appearance. All attendees are therefore asked to follow the following:
- The dance floor is not a classroom. Please do not offer advice or try to teach your dance partner how to dance unless they have explicitly asked for feedback. The dance floor is for dancing, not criticizing.
- Respect the event coordinators and volunteers. Please be kind and courteous to those running the dance. If you need something, please ask us, and if you’re asked to stop doing something, please do so immediately.
- Be aware! Help your partner and yourself by avoiding collisions on the dance floor. This is the job of both the leader and the follower.
- It’s ok to say no, thank you: If someone declines a dance, simply find a new partner. It’s nothing personal, dancing can be tiring!
- Respecting other attendees: Please keep your behavior appropriate; sustained disruption of events may result in removal from the dance without a refund. Unwanted or inappropriate physical contact is not tolerated, and those asked to stop are expected to comply immediately if they wish to remain at the dance. Any instances of physical, verbal, or sexual harassment can result in a permanent removal and ban from B’ham Hop events.
*If you are being harassed or you see someone harassing or being harassed, please let us know! There is always someone available to help at the front table or DJ table, and we are always here for you! If you are uncomfortable speaking in person, please email us at email@example.com
B’ham Hop coordinators and volunteers ask that each of the above rules are followed. If an individual does not comply, they may be removed without a refund. Help keep B’ham Hop a positive environment for everyone!